It's that time of year again, the Lilly Pulitzer semi-annual After Party Sale!
These sales take place usually on the last Monday of August and the first Monday of January, online and in Lilly Pulitzer corporate stores. Until we got a Lilly Pulitzer section of my local Belk last spring that usually has good sales, these sales are how I used to get most of my Lilly items. So this Monday, January 4th at 8:00am this sale will be live!
The sale FAQ page from Lilly answers just about every question you might and includes some shopping tips. However I have a few of my own to add:
1. Create an account if you don't have one already and make sure you are signed in the night before. Also have your shipping addresses and payment information saved, it makes a difference when everything is going so quickly! And if you are using multiple devices, make sure you are signed in on all of them, including the mobile app!
2. Note that the sizing has changed a little over the past year! There are no returns, so make sure you know what size you wear, I've had to size up in some of the newer items lately.
3. Shipping and processing does not take as long as they say it does. As long as you have entered the right information (I messed up with that a few sales ago), orders usually come very quickly!
4. With the new line system, you do not want to make multiple orders where you buy something as soon as it goes in your cart. The shipping is still free, but it will take much longer to get back into the site once your order is places.
What I learned from the last sale is using multiple devices is really helpful for this line, it probably also makes the line seem much longer than it is if each person has 2+ devices in line, but I found it helpful because one device was way ahead of the other. And the mobile app didn't have a line when I tried that, I don't know if that will be the same this time. I waited for quite a while during the last sale. However I would probably rather watch my place in line go down than deal wth all of the site crashes that used to happen which made placing an order much more difficult!
5. In the last few sales, everything has been under $100, not sure if that will continue, but they're usually pretty good discounts on the more expensive items. I've always thought the best deals are on scarves, small accessories, dresses, and skirts!
And here are some of my current Lilly Pulitzer favorites (that unfortunately will not be included in the online sale):
Thanks for reading and happy shopping Lilly lovers!
This blog contains affiliate links from several advertising programs and I may be compensated if you click on, or make a purchase after clicking on my links. Some content may also be sponsored, which will be included if so, however all opinions are my own.